my header links

| Home | Preschool Lesson Plans | Educator Forums | Preschool Lesson Plan Directory |Advertise on 123child.com | |

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Activity of the Day: November 26, 2011


Handprint Ornaments

These ornaments are just so super cute.  I have seen them most commonly done on blue ornaments, but since I am making them for Rosa's grandmothers, both of which have a red and white Christmas theme, I used red. 

I painted Rosa's hand with white craft paint, then had her grab the bottom of the ornament.  I then wiped her hand clean with a baby wipe and set the ornament off to the side to dry.  After the paint dried, I used a black paint pen to add the eyes, mouth and buttons, then allowed that to dry.  Finally I applied orange paint for the carrot nose and green paint for the scarves with a very small paint brush.  I wrote "Rosa 2010 on the opposite  side of the ornament with the paint pen.  After the paint had dried I applied a layer of Mod Podge glue to seal the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment